Social Skills Training Groups
We provide social skills training groups at Rehab and Retreat for adults needing a little extra help in social situations.
Our programs can help adults presenting with different issues such as: intellectual delay, brain injury, Aspergers, autism, ADHD, and schizophrenia.
Foundation Skills6 Sessions
- Basic Social Interactions
- Ability to maintain appropriate personal space
- Understanding gestures and facial expressions
Interaction Skills6 Sessions
+ Interpersonal Skills Training
- Resolving conflicts
- Taking Turns
- Active Listening Skills
- Assertiveness training and teamwork
Affective Skills6 Sessions
- Skills needed for understanding oneself and others
- Identifying one’s feelings
- Recognizing the feelings of others
- Demonstrating empathy
- Decoding body language and facial expressions and determining whether someone is trustworthy.
Cognitive Skills6 Sessions
- Skills needed to maintain more complex social interactions
- Social perception
- Making choices
- Understanding community norms
- Determining appropriate behaviour for different social situations
Chelsea Krupa, MScoT
Chelsea graduated from the University of Alberta in 2009 with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy. Her Master project surrounded the topic of sexual health education and disability.
She has been assisting individuals requiring social skills training since 2013.